Sunday, April 26, 2009

Woo-hoo, #2!!


Ok, so it only took, let me see...19 days, but we finally had a breakthrough last night with Tyler. Over the past nearly 3 weeks of potty training, we've gone from NEVER telling us he need to go #1, or #2, to almost always telling he he need to go #1 (although sometimes a little too late), but still not wanting to tell us about #2, to almost mastering, #1's, but still having a fear of the #2. He would tell us he needed to go #2, but when we would sit on the potty, he never would actually go.

But...last night (stripped down to his birthday suit), he said again "Mommy...I need to go poopy." So, once again, we trotted off to the potty. I was sure that this would be like every other time where he would try to push, but then said "I can't do it". This time I took a little motivation (in the form of the CARS ferrari he has been eyeing for many days) and sat it on the sink. I told him that was his motivation to go poo-poo in the potty. I reminded him that a lot of his friends go poopy on the potty, as well as Mommy and Daddy. As I was listing everyone off he says "and Tyler goes poopy on the potty" and he actually did it!! I don't exactly know what clicked last night, but we sat there for less than 1 minute and did it!!

Here he is proudly showing off his new ferrari! I'll spare you the actual pictures of the poopy though!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin