Wednesday, April 29, 2009

**UPDATE - Potty Training Chronicles**

So, I totally jinxed myself. I knew it would happen and that I shouldn't say anything about our potty training successes at such an early point in the journey. But, I did. Oops.

Just the next day Tyler had 2 accidents. The first time was right after nap. While the boys were napping, I too, took a nap. I have been leaving Tyler's gate off of the doorway to his bedroom, so that in case he does wake up with the urge to go to the bathroom, he can get out to go. He is now able to pull his pants down to go on his own. **Sidenote...just had to make a quick dash to the potty. I turned around to watch the boys playing together at the train table and see Tyler laying on the floor under the table. Uh-huh, you guessed it, he was starting to poop!!! I got him to the bathroom and he finished on the potty. But we still have the issue that he won't finish. He only goes a little bit and then insists he is finished. So, we make several trips to the potty each "round".

Here is our collection of toys back to their home on top of the refrigerator! :-) I know as with every other milestone in a child's life this will click at some point. But, please...for my sanity, I pray this happens soon!!

These were from the beginning of the day...

and then there were more!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin