Monday, April 20, 2009

Lucas 1st b-day Portraits

I wanted to do some unique/cute shots for his 1st b-day photos, so we attempted to take some shots in downtown DC while the Cherry Blossom trees were blooming. I also got some cute pics with his birthday hat. I do still want to do some more traditional looking ones, but I haven't had the time for them yet. Now that the birthday party and his baptism ceremony are over, maybe I can make these the next item I tackle. For now, here are the photos from the first two sessions.


The outdoor shoot was much harder than I thought it would be. Not only is it difficult to keep him contained, but the posing was REALLY hard. I think I picked the wrong time of day to use natural lighting, as most of the pictures have really harsh shadows. These are a few that weren't terrible!!




And these are the ones I took in his cute "Birthday Boy" bloomers/hat that I had made. Man is it hard to get a one year old to stand still. The first time I attempted these I was doing it by myself, which was IMPOSSIBLE. By the time I sat him down, turned around to get the camera and got it up to take the picture, he was half way across the room!! So, I tried a second time when Daddy was around to help pose/shoot! I did get a few decent shots, but still tough and frustrating.


These are a few of my favorites...all of the hard work is so worth it, when you get a shot like this!!



This is what I meant about it being so tough to get the shot. By the time I was ready to take the picture, he was nearly out of the shot!!

He was not happy with me. I kept trying to put the hat back on and he was letting me know that he was DONE with the darned hat!!

I still do want to try and get some more traditional looking portraits, in his birthday outfit, but I thought it might be a good idea to give him a break from the camera for a little while. Maybe then it will be easier to get some smiles out of him. And right now, he's not feeling the greatest, so the smiles are few and far between anyway.

1 comment :

  1. Hey, great pictures of the birthday boy!!! A little hint: best times of day to shot anything outside is early morning or late afternoon when the sun is setting, you wont get the harsh shadows :) You did great with what you had though, LOVED the hat pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin