Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Growing Flowers...

OK, so anyone who knows me, knows that my thumb is NOT green! Seriously, I WANT my thumb to be green...it just is not. I try, really I do...I nurture the plants and flowers I get as much as I can. I am actually now beginning to wonder if my "nurturing" is not what is killing my plants? There really can be no other explanation.

Around Easter time, I picked up a Hydrangea and a Gerbera Daisy plant. Well, just after Easter my daisy was looking very sickly, but my hydrangea was thriving. I was sad about the daisy, but so proud of my hydrangea. Well...it didn't last long. My hydrangea is nearly gone now too. Only one bloom left at this point. I'm doing some research to see if I can plant it outside, to try and revive it, but I am not too hopeful.

Anyway, so when finding a small "grow-your-own" sunflower kit in a birthday party goody bag, I was somewhat hesitant to attempt this project with Tyler. I mean, what if I kill it...he will be SO upset. But...we are trying. I'm SO hoping that I won't kill this little guy and that we actually will see a flower develop out of those little seeds. He will be so excited. He loved helping mommy plant it:

Tyler had a lot of fun helping plant the sunflower.
Dropping the soil disk into the pot.


Adding the water to "grow" the soil.





There's the seeds...let's hope we get a sprout!





So excited!


"Grow little sunflower, grow!"
Day 1 - May 5, 2009

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin