Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cavity Free are We!!!

While I was in the hospital having Katelyn, there was a news story on the Today show that prompted me to call and set up dental appointments for the boys.  I had been meaning to do this for Tyler since last fall, but then I got pregnant and it slipped to the wayside.  The news story said children should have their first dental appt when they get their first tooth, so I realized Luke was overdo for a check up too.  I've heard great things about a local pediatric dental group, so we decided to check them out.  They were fantastic!!  They have a large open area with the chairs were the hygenists do the cleanings, so that if you have multiple kids, they can actually all be seen at the same time.  I was able to sit there and watch Ty and Luke at the same time, so we were in an out in less than 45 minutes.  Not only was the staff super efficient and speedy, but they were so friendly and patient, too.  Tyler was squirmy and Luke was a little uneasy with the "stranger", but both of their hygenists were so great with them.  And the Dr. was wonderful, too!  Final results??  Both boys were 100% cavity free.  Good to know all that ice cream they ate with Nana and Pap this summer didn't have any negative effects.  :)

Here are the boys checking out the awesome fish tank in the waiting area.  They had 2 nemo fish and a Dory.  Big hit!!


They gave the boys these cool sunglasses to wear, to protect their eyes from the super bright light.


Not only was this our first trip to the dentist, but it was my first outing with all three kiddos all by myself.  Luckily Miss Kate behaved herself, too!

 All-in-all it was a great visit.  Hoping our visit in February goes as smoothly.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin