Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lucas is 2!!


OK...so this is a VERY long overdue post, especially consider Luke is going to be three in less than two weeks.  Oops...such a bad mommy, blogger, mommy-blogger!  Man, sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging.  But, I'd much rather be living life than just watching it pass me by, so if I have to "catch-up" on some blogs here and there (a lot more "here" recently, I will admit), that's fine with me.  This blog is more of a memory book for me anyway!  :)  So...I am going to back date this, so it falls into the time-line, appropriately!

So...on to Luke's 2nd birthday.  Of course it was a train party.  As is customary, we had a party at our house and invited all of the boys little friends, and several of mommy and daddy's too.  Because let's be honestly...at this age, the parties are really for Mommy and Daddy, right?  I don't think Lucas really even knew it was his birthday, except for the fact that we sat him in front of a cake and sang Happy Birthday to him.  :)


Lucas is super into trains right now, so the theme for the party was "Two-Two, All Aboard for a Happy Birthday!"  Again, I tortured myself and made the cake.  I know, I know...Wegman's does an awesome job, but I really do enjoy it.  OK, maybe I don't act like it while I'm making it, so I guess it's the satisfaction of how it turns out that I like.  ;)  Oh, and they do taste pretty yummy, too! 



Luke had a really great time with all of his little buddies.  The weather was fabulous (maybe even a little TOO hot - at least for early April), so all of the kids got to play outside and had a ball.


We opened presents inside and that of course was a hit for Lucas.  He was amazed that it was all his!  And of course, Big Brother was there to help him out.  ;)


 It was a wonderful celebration of the past two years we've spent loving and nurturing this special little blessing.  I can't imagine our lives without him.  Happy Birthday Little Buddy!!  We love you SO very much. 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin